These savoury cheese and bacon muffins are a real hit with Aidan and Sarah and they are so quick to make and are a really handy lunch. I usually make a big batch because they freeze well. I find them great for sending with them to the childminders mid-week or if I’m in a rush at the weekend. They are divine served warm with a big dollop of butter on top.
Cheese and Bacon Muffins Ingredients:
- 250g of self raising flour
- 150g of grated cheddar cheese
- 3 rashers
- 100ml of natural yogurt
- 100ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C
- Grill the rashers and chop (allow to cool)
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, cheese and bacon)
- In a separate bowl beat the two eggs, mix in the yogurt and milk. Then add to the dry ingredients
- Grease a muffin tin (you should get six large muffins or ten small ones)
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are golden
Finally, enjoy these really yummy cheese and bacon muffins. They make a great accompainment to soup too. Try them with this tomato soup I regularly make.
If you’re looking for more savoury muffin recipes check out Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall’s recipes. I just love his stuff.